The Latest on Activist Campaigns, Corporate Defenses, Legal & Regulatory Issues
The Activist Investor Conference is an annual gathering of the most important group of activist investors, corporate governance specialists, advisory firms, proxy solicitors, and corporate board members. The agenda features a full day of technical education on the latest activist investment strategies, their impact on corporate performance, legal and regulatory changes, and studies of effective proxy campaigns and successful corporate defenses.
- The Activist Toolkit: What Methods are Activists Using to Successfully Influence Reforms
- The Impact of Governance and Activist Investing on Equity Returns
- The Current Proxy Activism Landscape
- Proxy Fights in Canada: Activism North of the Border
- Different Types of Activism: Operational, Boardroom, Governance and Takeover Activism
- Successful Public Relations Strategies for Activism Campaigns
- When to Use a Vote No / Withhold Campaign
- How to Determine When a Company is an Attractive Target for an Activism Campaign
- Negotiating the Proxy Contest Settlement Agreement
- Successful Strategies for Engaging with the Board and Management
- What Shareholders Should Know about CEO Succession Plans
- Changing Trends in Corporate Governance: Elections and Advisory Votes
- The New Breed of Activist Investors: What is their Impact on Policy, Governance and Executive Pay?
- Multi-Constituency Directors and Issues Surrounding Shareholder Representation on the Board
- The SEC's latest requirements for 13D filings
- Activism in Closed-End Funds
- Examining Advance Notification Bylaws
In the heart of Silicon Alley, where cutting edge technology and international business thrives, stands W New York - Union Square. Step outside and head in any direction, and within walking distance you will find the very best of New York waiting for you.
A limited number of discounted rooms have been reserved for conference attendees. Book your room early because after the room block sells out the special rate may not be available. Click here to book your room online or call The W Hotel directly at (212) 253-9119 and mention "The Activist Investor Conference."